Split This Rock is a grassroots effort—a people’s movement. We need everyone’s involvement to make it happen.
The work of Split This Rock depends on a strong financial foundation. Your tax-deductible funds and support enable us to: organize a unique national biennial poetry festival and other public events; provide year-round programming for young writers; foster opportunities for poets to participate in creative activism for social justice and peace; and provide resources that inform and inspire poets and equip them to play an active role as public citizens. Gifts of any size are deeply appreciated. We hope you'll consider giving $50, $100, or more.
VOLUNTEERS & INTERNS!
Split This Rock volunteers help with publicity, outreach, programming, fundraising, accessibility planning, administration, graphic and web design, and so much more. You can also join Split This Rock on Facebook and network with others in your area.
Current needs: We are on the lookout for a couple of interns to be with us through the fall or longer: one to help with research and dbase management related to an environmental justice anthology and one to assist with administrative tasks related to events, our blog and social media. To apply, click here.
Here is a list of our ongoing volunteer and intern needs:
- Fundraising/Events: Help plan fundraising events, write appeal letters and grant proposals, and dream up creative fundraising events and projects.
- Sponsorships: Solicit donations and sponsorships from businesses (hotels, venues, transportation, restaurants) and organizations (poetry, religious, community, peace and justice).
- Event Coordination: Help plan, set up, implement and clean up for one of our various events.
- Publicity & Marketing: Develop ads, brochures, registration materials, t-shirt designs. Work with web and blog editors. Solicit and maintain support from various media sources.
- Outreach: Help us develop and maintain relationships with schools, institutions of higher education, religious organizations, individuals and groups that focus on literary arts, theatre, activism, marginalized groups, youth etc.
- National Organizing: Establish, maintain and provide resources for a national network of key contacts in other cities who help to coordinate recruitment, publicity and engagement activities where they are.
- Media Relations: Work with Split This Rock’s media team to identify and cultivate free media exposure by writing press releases, making phone calls, sending out emails and staying in touch with the media.
- Accessibility Planning: Work with accessibility experts to ensure our website, promotional materials and events are accessible.
- Website Management: Help with keeping our website up-to-date.
- Archivist/Documentation: Organize photos, videos, and documents to make them more widely available and to preserve Split This Rock's institutional memory.
- Administrative Support: Help with record-keeping, maintaining databases, sending thank you notes, organizing our poetry library, filing etc.
For more information and to get involved, contact Camisha Jones: firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-787-5210